Some of these signs of a cheating spouse are "tongue in cheek" while others are tell tale signs that commonly appear with a cheating husband or cheating wife
* Mutual friends start acting strangely toward you. (They either know about the cheating or have been told stories about what
a horrible wife or girlfriend you are.)
* Your cheating husband or wife stops confiding in you and seeking advice from you.
* Sets up a new e-mail account and doesn't tell you about it.
* He leaves the house in the morning smelling like Irish Spring and returns in the evening smelling like Safeguard.
* She joins the gym and begins a rigorous workout program.
* She buys a cell phone and doesn't let you know.
* He sets up a separate cell phone account that is billed to his office.
* Begins to delete all incoming phone calls from the caller ID.
* Deletes all incoming e-mails when they used to accumulate.
* He becomes "accusatory," asking if you are being true to him, usually out of guilt.
* Raises hypothetical questions such as, "Do you think it's possible to love more than one person at a time?"
* He insists the child seat, toys, etc., are kept out of his car.
* The cheating wife stops wearing her wedding ring.
* Has a sudden desire to be helpful with the laundry.
* Has unexplained scratches or bruises on his or her neck or back.
* Suddenly wants to try new love techniques.
* He/she fairly suddenly stops having sex with you.
* He/she suddenly wants more sex, more often.
* Supposedly works a lot of overtime, but it never shows up on the pay stub.
* Picks fights in order to stomp out of the house.
* You find out by accident he or she took vacation day or personal time off from work - but supposedly worked on those days.
* Shows a sudden interest in a different type of music.
* Spouse's co-workers are uncomfortable in your presence.
* Has a sudden preoccupation with his or her appearance.
* Spends an excessive amount of time on the computer, especially after you have gone to bed.
* He throws up a lot because he just ate at his mistress's house and had to eat the dinner you prepared when he got home.
* Your spouse is away from home, either nights or on trips, more than previously.
* His/her clothes smell of an unfamiliar perfume or after-shave. You see lipstick on your husband's shirt.
* The amount of money being deposited into your checking account drops off.
* You find items of intimate apparel or other small gift-type items that you did not give your spouse.
* Your spouse seems less comfortable around you and is "touchy" and easily moved to anger.
* You get calls where the caller hangs up when he or she hears your voice.
* He/she loses attention in the activities in the home.
* Your intuition (gut feeling) tells you that something is not right.
* He/she has a definite change in attitude towards everyone in the home.
* She uses a low voice or whisper on the phone or hangs up quickly.
* She has a "glow" about her.
* Atypical erratic behavior.
* He sneaks out of the house.
* She sleeps with her purse by the bed.
* She goes to the store for groceries and comes home 5 hours later.
* He tells you that you can get hold of him at a different telephone number.
* The telltale sign of a cheating spouse? Having to ask that question in the first place.