Sep 5, 2008

Brothers are Donkeys?

Hi,

Yesterday my sweet sister and I decided to celebrate the Ganesh Chaturthi in a grand manner. Preparations began while we were returning home itself. It was around 10 PM when we started from work and we got busy discussing what special dishes we need to prepare like Pulihora, Paravannam among other delicacies. While discussing this in the cab, my phone started ringing [as always, it had to ring when i'm discussing something of my sister's interest!]. It was a work-related call and i was again not sure whether to attend the call or not as i promised my sister that i would not discuss about work when i step out of office...i attended the call and was done with it in 4 min [Surprisingly!]. I promised my sister that i will take her to movie next day, she was flashing her ever so sweet smile and we were not talking about the call i took anymore!

We reached home at 10.45 PM that night and started cooking dinner & our dearest friend RINI (pet dog) who was eagerly waiting for us began to shoo us away with her barking [which translates her furious anger as were late in getting back!]

Done with dinner, we decided to wake up at 6AM the next day so that we can get up early and go for temple. Tired & sleepy, I failed to realise that i had infact kept that alarm for 6pm and slowly slipped into blissful sleep...

Next day morning....

I got up to someone yelling and rini barking at me loudly...When i opened my eyes, i saw my sister was looking like an ANGRY YOUNG SISTER. I could sense that she had this urge to turn me into a ball so she could kick me but she is trying to control her self..I was not able to comprehend what was happening, till i checked my watch and realised that it was 11-30 AM!!!! Half-asleep i thought it was close to midnight but i heard our maid servant leaving homeand then realized that YET AGAIN...I WAS LATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sister was upset as i promised her to take Temple, celebrate the Pooja and a movie too. She scolded me for a while. But my punishment followed shortly...I had to do all the dishes!! [Do I have a choice??!]

THIS IS WHAT SHE HAD TO SAY -

BROTHERS ARE LIKE DONKEYS, THEY NEED TO CARRY SISTER'S WORK (@HOME) LIKE DONKEYS WITH OUT ASKING ANY REASONS...

Is it??!!

No comments:

Post a Comment